Baking has always been a favorite pastime of mine. There is nothing better than staying in your pajamas and baking with your family. It really is the perfect combination!
This week's recipe is Martha Stewart's Blueberry Muffins. The blueberries I had in my fridge were begging to be made into a slightly unhealthy, but yummy treat. The ingredients are simple and the steps are easy to follow. So get in the kitchen and create your recipe for the weekend.
Recipe is linked at the end of this post.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for tins
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter large (3 3/4 inches) or small (2 3/4 inches) muffin tins, and set aside. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg, egg yolks, and vanilla; mix until well combined. Reduce speed to low; alternate adding reserved flour mixture and milk to mixer, beginning and ending with flour. Remove bowl from mixer; gently fold in berries by hand. Divide batter among muffin tins; sprinkle generously with sugar. Bake until light golden, about 45 minutes for large muffins, about 30 minutes for small muffins. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; transfer to wire rack, and let cool completely.