The March of Dimes states that "pregnant women should limit caffeine intake to less than 200 mg per day." This is equal to about one 12 oz cup of coffee. Ok...so not the worst thing, but I really am trying to cut back caffeine considerably during pregnancy. I took to social media to ask friends and followers for some non-caffeine alternatives. Sometimes your best resource are the people you interact with everyday. So many friends have gone through pregnancy, are currently pregnant or have tried products that they recommend and use, so why not ask. Here are a few suggestions that were shared with me. Even if you are not pregnant, you might want to try these great products.
1. Hot Water with Lemon - Quick, easy and the citrus in the lemon definitely wakes you up!
2. Vitamin B12 (Ask your doctor) - Haven't tried this yet, but I think it will be a great alternative if you aren't pregnant. Also, how easy to pop in a vitamin every morning.
3. Smoothie - My favorite smoothie recipe.
I haven't perfected my smoothie making yet, but my husband, Dane, makes the BEST ones!
4. Trader Joe's Red Refresh Herbal Tea - Thanks to my friend Sarah for recommending this tea. It is so delicious!
5. Half Caff Coffee or K-Cups - Paige, thank you for telling me about this! I can have my coffee with half the caffeine and feel a little less guilty about it.